Sunday, February 10, 2008

omg we were techcrunched

We quietly made tipjoy.com live on Friday afternoon. It has been extremely helpful to get something up and running with real users. They've helped us find bugs, and motivate us to stay up all hours of the night fixing things as quickly as possible. We've also been able to improve the UI thanks to lots of great feedback.

As I write this we're on a plane to NY for the O'Reilly conference. We'll arrive in the hotel around 1am and have a short list of last minute fixes to work on before bed - that is, as long as there are no surprises in our inbox when we arrive!

We launch tomorrow. I already haven't slept much in the last few days and don't expect to again for a few more, until things settle down a bit. I'm bracing myself for the feedback - I'm confident there will be positive stuff, but as a fellow YC colleague told me, 'it takes 10 positive pieces of feedback to make up for that 1 bad one people leave.' Oh, and of course we hope the server doesn't crash and there aren't any devastating bugs :) This should be exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home